Nature Noted

Notes on a changing Nature

Name:
Location: Bellville, Texas, United States

I never would have predicted this one

Friday, June 10, 2005

The Woodpecker Moves to Memphis

Ok, I'm not making this one up. Today we had several viewers call the assignment desk at my station, swearing they had seen an Ivory Billed Woodpecker in downtown Memphis. We had one group of tourists call, and one local man took pictures. I talked with our reporter on the story, and he says the picture is pretty fuzzy, but there's definitely a big bird in the picture. The man who took the picture described the unusual cry of the bird. Downtown Memphis is not far from the wetlands where the bird was spotted, but considering how shy the bird is, I was pretty skeptical. But to get several calls from different people at the same time means there was something unusual downtown. We're running a story on it tonight at nine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker